Sunday, September 6, 2009

I'm walking 20 km in a bunny suit. Yes, it's true!!!

Anyone who knows me is very well aware of my love for rabbits. It started with Stanley (pictured left), who showed me how wonderful, beautiful, intelligent and surprising rabbits truly are. Losing him was very difficult. However, to honour Stanley, I believed the best thing I could do was give another rabbit a warm, loving home. Jennings was in need of a family. I was in need of a faithful friend.

Through Jennings (pictured right), I met wonderful people who were passionate about rabbits. They poured their heart and soul into saving unwanted, abused, abandonned and neglected rabbits. I wanted to help them. Since adopting Jennings in April 2007, I've been doing my best to lend a hand to the founders of New Moon Rabbit Rescue.


WHAT & WHEN?
On September 12, 2009, there will be a great fundraising event: Bunny Hop for Hope! I will be joining a group of volunteers, wearing a bunny costume and walking 20 km in hopes to raise money for New Moon Rabbit Rescue and awareness about domestic rabbits. Best of all, this event includes many fun activities for adults and children alike: live music (Rachel McCully), games for kids with prizes, many awesome raffle items to be won, vendors, BBQ and bake sale. There's even something for our furry friends: Jasper’s Spaw & Associates will be providing psychic readings and Reiki for animals, as well as nail trims for dogs, with a portion of proceeds going towards the rabbits of New Moon! Finally, lets not forget a special guest: Bill Welychka of ‘A’ Morning will be joining the walkers in his own bunny costume and filming along the way for an upcoming episode of “Bill’s Excellent Adventures!”

WHERE?
Look for humans dressed up as bunnies walking from College Square (at Baseline Road and Woodroffe Avenue) all the way to Robinson’s Your Independent Grocer (at 1160 Beaverwood Road, Manotick) as early as 8 AM.
The finish line activities start at 11:00 AM at Robinson’s Your Independent Grocer in Manotick.

MY REQUEST
Please show your support by participating in this event on September 12. Join in on the fun!
If you are willing and able, please consider sponsoring my walk (and all the other walkers too!). This cause is very important to me. Besides, I promise to post pictures of me dressed up as a bunny! To sponsor, you may:

  • Contact me (e-mail at francine@newmoonrabbitrescue.ca)

  • go to www.newmoonrabbitrescue.ca and click on the Canada Helps logo, selecting Bunny Hop for Hope as the Fund Designation.

  • send a cheque or money order with “Bunny Hop for Hope” in the memo line to:
    New Moon Rabbit Rescue
    PO Box 24 North Gower, ON K0A 2T0


Please note that tax receipts can be given for donations of $10.00 or more.

Additional Info
For more information, visit http://www.newmoonrabbitrescue.ca/ or New Moon Rabbit Rescue's event page on Facebook

Thanks in advance! All the New Moon bunnies (past, present and future) are grateful too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Moon's Zazzle Gift Shop


Make a personalized gift at Zazzle.